_01.1: Watch and learn
A few days of finding out what I need to know and additional research to see what I might be able to do realistically felt good. Felt good to have my spare time taken up by something semi-productive instead of the black hole of vidya. Decided on the main three components: display, power and controller, but the other materials will take more consideration
- 0.96" oled 2-part display
- cr2302 coin cell battery
- arduino gemma
- casing to be determined (dun dun dunnnn~)
- sticking with a 3v coin battery since gemma specs said something about absorbing 9mA while running (not sure what the time scale on that rate is but shouldn't matter much anyways)
- considering soldering in a rechargeable LIon battery as a backup power source
- alarm might not be possible without additional parts; will have to check out gemma's potential once it arrives
- parts won't be delivered for at least a week (_ _") but this means more time to research and think through designs
- still gotta learn to solder
- mentally filing away vacuum fluorescent display as a handy part for a desk/wall clock or similar project
- buttons? or will gemma need to be set externally?
TL;DR So far, so good... too bad the parts won't get here sooner.
Signed, Calicat /01.1