Might be easier if I just go trough the list of stuff I've watched that has to do with gamedev and try to write down my thoughts on it. Based on that you can decide if you feel like checking them out or not. The order is from most recently watched to least recent.
- Stella no Mahou: High school girls in a gamedev club working on their second game. From the point of view of a freshly recruited artist. Was hoping it wouldn't be about another visual novel since they mentioned their first game was a puzzle game, but sure enough they decided that their second game should be a visual novel. Characters are likeable enough, but shallow and generic. Includes allnighters, the selling of the game in an event and not much else. CGDCT with a gamedev setting. Felt hollow. New Game: Doujin Edition.
- New Game places here. Gonna skip it.
- Shoujo-tachi wa Koya wo Mezasu. Based on a light novel afaik. High schoolers (both girls and boys) working on a visual novel to sell. From the point of view of a writer who hasn't worked on games before. Some plot and drama thrown in there, as well as some talk about the video game industry. Didn't really like the characters in this one. As trope filled as it gets. Covers all areas of making a visual novel. Made for some good screenshots.
- D-frag!: Once again about a high school gamedev club with a fresh recruit. This time they have a competitor though. Super light on the gamedev parts but also expands it to tabletop etc. Somewhat generic characters (although the mix is pretty original), but I found them likeable. Had a few laughs with this, and also made for a few gamedev screenshots.
- Saekano: Highschool girls along with a single boy making a visual novel. My mind seems to mix this one and Shoujo-tachi together for some reason. Characters are decent and likeable enough. I think this was much more about GCDCT than gamedev. I think the second season is currently airing. Will not be checking it out.
- Yuyushiki: Not about gamedev, but the main characters are in a computer related club. Really liked it both as a GCDCT and a comedy/gag anime.
- Honorary mention also to NHK ni Youkoso, since it had that bit about Satou and Yamazaki "working" on their visual novel/eroge.
At this point it gets too old for me to remember, but I don't think there were too many gamedev focused series before this point. Some programming related stuff though, like Battle Programmer Shirase and Golden Boy (had a programming theme in one of the episodes, so not a main focus by any means). I guess I could recommend Golden Boy in general.
TL;DR: Just watch Shirobako or Bakuman and pretend they arent making anime/manga but games instead. Gamedev isn't well represented in anime, and maybe it's for a good reason. Anime about making anime or manga is usually better, as the team behind it usually knows that stuff more intimately.