I was considering to put this in tech, but I won't as it is only indirectly about tech.
Anyways. what do you guys like about him?
For me it's:
1) Started a movement that forever changed CS for the better. Not only CS but copyright as well.
2) He is controversial and doesn't care about it. Wacky.
3) He is the old-old school of hackers, Maybe the only 1st gen hacker still in the trade.
4) He is an academic. Especially in his heart. The guy basically lives at his university.
5) Part of a dying but formerly cool subculture(hippy)
6) If he isn't an Anarcho-syndicalist then he almost is.
7) He is the best well intentioned extremist that the FSF and any similar socio-political movement needs.
What he does now is not CS anymore, he is basically a professional philosopher in a way, which I don't mind. IMHO philosophy is also interesting.
I only wish this was updated more regularly:https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman
You may also post Stallman and FS memes and reacts.